無頭像
ahau55lkbzov
註冊會員

帖子 11
註冊 2014-4-15
用戶註冊天數 3670
發表於 2014-4-18 03:09 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Email Barry O Farrell resignation: Treasurer Mike Baird set to become new NSW premier Updated April 17, 2014 12:03:50
The contenders: Who will fill Barry O Farrell s shoes? Gladys Berejiklian and Mike Baird the likely contenders for the top job in NSW.

New South Wales Treasurer Mike Baird is set to emerge as the state's next premier, following Barry O'Farrell's shock resignation yesterday.
Mr Baird met the other favourite for the job, Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian, earlier this morning. They have released a statement confirming Ms Berejiklian will contest the deputy leadership.
Fair Trading Minister Anthony Roberts and Community Services Minister Pru Goward are also vying for deputy.
A parliamentary party meeting has been brought forward to this afternoon at 3:00pm (AEST) to formally accept Mr O'Farrell's resignation and elect a successor.
"We are contesting the leadership and deputy leadership of the NSW Liberal Party, with Mike Baird to become leader," the statement from Ms Berejiklian and Mr Baird said.
"We strongly encourage our colleagues to support this decision this afternoon,14" Shag Wavy With Comb Attachment Synthetic Ponytail."
Earlier, Mr Baird said he wanted to maintain the party's unity.
Key players in leadership contest
The two people widely tipped to fight it out for the leadership, Mike Baird and Gladys Berejiklian, will instead run for leader and deputy leader respectively on a joint ticket.

"Obviously it's a big decision, but this is a decision which is for the party room. It's one that is important that we all come together on," he said.
"Clearly unity has been a hallmark of what we had been about the past few years. We want to maintain that unity. It's important for the state, it's important for the Government."
Deputy Liberal leader Jill Skinner has announced she will stand down, following discussions with Ms Berejiklian.
"I will be strongly supporting Gladys as my replacement," Ms Skinner said in a statement this morning.
"She is an enormously talented minister who is making a huge contribution to the NSW Government.
"I commend both Mike Baird and Gladys Berejiklian for announcing their joint bid to contest the NSW Liberal Party leadership, thereby ensuring a seamless transition."
Despite the call for party unity, Ms Goward has confirmed she will be running for the deputy leadership.
"What we need is a quick decision so we can get on with the job," Ms Goward said.
Mr Roberts is also keen for the deputy position but is being pressured to pull out and support the unity ticket.
O'Farrell resigns after giving ICAC testimony
Mr O'Farrell announced his shock resignation yesterday in the wake of a "massive memory fail" when giving evidence to the Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) on Tuesday.
Why Barry O'Farrell had to go
A timeline of the NSW Premier's dramatic fall from grace.

Mr O'Farrell?denied receiving a $3,000 bottle of wine in 2011?from Australian Water Holdings (AWH) executive Nick Di Girolamo, and also said he had no recollection of a 28-second call made from his phone to Mr Di Girolamo around the time he was allegedly sent the wine.
But yesterday morning, ICAC heard that a handwritten note from Mr O'Farrell,hair extensions 2014, thanking Mr Di Girolamo for the wine, had been uncovered.
A short time later, Mr O'Farrell called a media conference in which he announced his decision to step down.
"I do accept there is a thank you note signed by me, and as someone who believes in accountability, in responsibility, I accept the consequences of my action," he said.
Mr O'Farrell's resignation as Liberal leader will come into effect at today's partyroom meeting.
Greens raise questions over Di Girolamo board appointment
Amidst the turmoil, the NSW Greens have called on Mr Baird to explain the appointment of Mr Di Girolamo to the State Water Corporation board.
Documents obtained by Greens MP John Kaye show Mr Di Girolamo was ranked lowly when interviewed for another board position at the Sydney Ports Corporation.
Mr Di Girolamo was dismissed as not having relevant industry experience.
Dr Kaye claims Mr Di Girolamo was equally unsuited for the State Water Corporation Board.
"The State Water Corporation is about managing the state's massive irrigation dams," he said.
"It's a huge undertaking that needed finance and accounting or environmental water resource or agriculture and irrigation sector expertise.
"None of those expertises are held by Mr Di Girolamo."
A spokesman for Mr Baird says Mr Di Girolamo was appointed to the State Water board on merit by Cabinet, following the advice of an indepe